October 17, 2014
With the increasing number of smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices proliferating the tech world, businesses are grappling with the question of how to incorporate these new technologies into their operations. Rather than outfit entire workforces with company-owned tech, BYOD (bring your own device) initiatives are integrating employee-owned, personal hardware into day-to-day business functions.
While proprietary software and unified communications systems can fully integrate all devices into the daily workflow, the practical problems of large-scale IT management begin to raise red flags. How does a company manage mobile devices, apps, and security on a network that includes both corporate and employee-owned devices? The answer is often overlooked: cloud mobile management.
Below are some advantages to a cloud-based mobile device management system.
1) Device Options: With such a broad array of mobile devices on the market operating on various platforms such as Apple’s iOS, Android, and Blackberry, it’s important that IT management solutions can cover each platform equally. Cloud-based management solutions can support all operating systems, offering a company flexibility and diversity when choosing hardware and software.
2) Rapid Deployment: Cloud-based MDM services can be rolled out faster than ever. This allows companies to deploy management services almost instantly rather than the weeks or months required for a traditional MDM system. Policies and access controls can be put into place and calibrated with easy, no-fuss configuration.
3) Single Console Management:Management of a broad range of hardware devices typically requires multiple control consoles, often requiring extra deployment time and longer development windows. With cloud-based MDM, all operating systems can be monitored and managed through one console that can be regularly updated to account for new developments in mobile technology.
4) Instant Updates: As the pace of new technologies quickens, the ability for mobile IT systems to shift at a moment’s notice is the new forefront of managed mobile systems. Traditionally, IT responses to software and OS updates can lag days, or even weeks behind. With cloud-based management, providers can update their services almost in an instant, allowing for real-time support that stays abreast with ongoing developments.
5) Adjustable Payments: Unlike fixed-fee MDM systems, cloud-based services allow companies to adjust their payment plans as they grow for optimum scalability. With convenient cloud systems in place with single console monitoring and easy updates and rollout, consistent IT resources can be devoted to any growing company, no matter the size. The efficiency and usefulness of a cloud-based MDM is unmatched.
Cloud mobile device management is the comprehensive and up-to-date answer to the widespread technological advancement occurring around the world. With complex software and communications systems keeping businesses running, Cloud MDM allows companies to run smoothly and focus their attention where it matters: on the customer.
Want to know more? Get your head in the cloud! FREE eBook